- COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, RANDOM, APPROX 2020 will be completely virtual. The details will be determined and announced later, but the authors will be expected (if deemed necessary by the format) to be able to present their result in a live online presentation at the originally planned dates, Aug 17-19. At least one author of accepted papers is expected to be officially registered for the conference.
The conference will be held August 17-19, 2020 at the University of Washington in Seattle, together with RANDOM 2020.
- RANDOM/APPROX 2020 Call for Papers (updated: 1 April 2020).
- Submissions: April 24, 2020, 15:00 PDT
- Notifications: June 11, 2020
- Camera ready: June 22, 2020
APPROX focuses on algorithmic and complexity theoretic issues relevant to the development of efficient approximate solutions to computationally difficult problems. Papers are solicited in all research areas related to approximation, including but not limited to:
- approximation algorithms
- hardness of approximation
- small space, sub-linear time and streaming algorithms
- online algorithms
- approaches that go beyond worst-case analysis
- distributed and parallel approximation
- embeddings and metric space methods
- mathematical programming methods
- spectral methods
- combinatorial optimization
- algorithmic game theory, mechanism design and economics
- computational geometric problems
- approximate learning